Take a bite out of this! Singapore-headquartered VC Better Bite Ventures has just announced the first four investments under their First Bite program.
- They invest in alternative protein startups, mainly at the pre-seed and seed stages.
- Founded in 2021, they've raised $15M for their fund and have invested in 20 early-stage companies in APAC!
😋 Why the First Bite matters
Launched in late 2022, First Bite invests $50,000 in startups at the founding stage (earlier than pre-seed).
- This is to support aspiring founders just getting started since not everyone can bootstrap or raise a family and friends round.
- Outside of First Bite, their checks are usually around $200,000–$700,000!
🤑 Put your money where your mouth is
Time to meet the first four investments under the First Bite program!
- 🇸🇬 Allium Bio. They want to process mycelium and microalgae to create sustainable ingredients for the plant-based food industry.
- 🇸🇬 Cultivaer (in stealth). They hope to accelerate the scalability of fermentation-based alternative proteins.
- 🇮🇳 Klevermeat. They create cultivated seafood from cells.
- 🇳🇿 EatKinda. They make ice cream from cosmetically imperfect "waste" cauliflower.
🤓 Zoom out
Other investments by Better Bite outside of the First Bite program?