Intellect is way more than just #selfcare! This Singaporean mental health startup just raised strategic funding from IHH Healthcare. While the amount's hush-hush, here's what you should know.
- Founded in 2019, Intellect has 3M+ users in over 20 countries.
- Customers include Merck, Dell, Philips, foodpanda, Singtel and Shopee!
- They last raised a $20M Series A from Tiger Global, K3 Ventures, Insignia, HOF Capital and more in 2022.
🤨 Who's IHH anyway?
IHH Healthcare is Asia's largest private healthcare group — and is one of the largest in the world. So yes, this is a big deal!
- They have a network of 82 hospitals in 10 countries.
Not a surprise. IHH has been looking to expand their services beyond just acute short-term treatments to preventative care, holistic care, wellness and more too!
- While they have individual customers, Intellect also thrives on B2B, mainly working with industry partners or employers who offer Intellect as an employee benefit.
🧠 The intel on Intellect
They've got end-to-end personalized mental health services done online over their app or even in person at their Intellect clinic.
- Localization is their game — they make sure to be culturally sensitive and are available in 14 languages with local coaches and therapists.
- They have telehealth coaching, clinical therapy, psychiatry, self-guided behavioral and therapy-based programs, mental health screenings and even urgent distress support!
🤝🏼 Here's the plan
They'll work together to develop and customize digital mental health services for IHH Group's patients, corporate clients and staff. They're focusing on APAC first but will expand to other regions later!
- Already in action. Intellect started rolling out services to one of IHH's hospitals — a pilot with maternity patients at Gleneagles Hospital Singapore.
- They also plan to offer Intellect to corporate clients of IHH Singapore's iXchange and to IHH's employees.